Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
CW CW is offline

Default Just a bit of a brag

Poplar?

"JD " james.smithremove wrote in message
Not butternut.
Hint: Soft wood that usually has a green tint to it when cured.

JD
"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
nice plate JD, but I am afraid your student has you beat hands down.

Nice
work you two. By the way, is that butternut? If so she did an amazing

job
of burning. I had some elm one time that looked like that (still have
enough for an electric guitar) but never saw any like it since.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
"JD " james.smithremove wrote in message
I appreciate that George. I thought it was a beautiful piece of wood and
was afraid to hand it over to her, not knowing her talent. Luckily, her
talent was amazing and the plate looked great when she returned it to

me.

JD
"George" wrote in message
. net...

"JD
" james.smithremove wrote in message
The result of our efforts can
be seen at the following link. I turned a simple plate. She made it
into something AMAZING. These kids amaze me everytime I turn around.
Take a look at her work and give feedback please. I plan on sharing
this with her.

http://www.wku.edu/hilltopperclassic...efishplate.htm

I'd be proud to say I made the "canvas" for that work.