Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tick Tracer

Tim Wescott wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Gunner wrote:
Indeed. I use them all the time, and they DONT work on DC

Gunner

They make some that do, but they are two seperate pieces. One
generates noise on the wire, and the other tracks it. It is sold for
telco, security system, and network troubleshooting.

Ask on news:comp.dcom.cabling

They were called "fox and hound" when I was engineering telco stuff.

I couldn't remember the name. I used an RF generator on CH 3 and a
Sadelco TV FSM the few times I needed one. I had a really bad habit of
numbering both ends of every com cable. It ticked of a lot of other
people, till something went down and they could yell numbers at each
other.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html