Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Marketing. Was Labour Cost for Fence Works etc

On 2008-03-25 22:10:29 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

My van is highly visible. The logo is 4' x 2'6" and it has a list of
what I
do on the side. I wear overalls & polo shirts with the same logo. Does
this work? Yes!

Same dimensions? ;-)

Alas no, I only have a 48" chest :-)

My web site gets me work. I've been on courses from the local enterprise
agency & had some great help from people on this group. My Google rank
is
now pretty good. I grab free listings on any site I can - Landlordzone,
Gay
to Zed, Vivastreet, The Best Of, HandyLocals etc.

Vivastreet identified you if I enter "Rochester" and handyman but not
Gillingham or Chatham.

Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham & Rainham became the Medway Towns a
while ago.

A lot of these 'free link' companies haven't yet realised that Medway is a
Unitary Authority, so you only get the choice of 1 town, usually that where
you are based.

I'm not in Yellow Pages or Thompson Local because of the outrageous
charges.
I think they are yesterdays papers anyway.

Waste of time.

An expensive waste of time.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman