Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Marketing. Was Labour Cost for Fence Works etc

On 2008-03-25 22:10:29 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

My van is highly visible. The logo is 4' x 2'6" and it has a list of what I
do on the side. I wear overalls & polo shirts with the same logo. Does
this work? Yes!

Same dimensions? ;-)

Got a job last month, couple moved from London into a new build. They
called in a local blind company who have a shop at the end of the road they
live in. They asked the guy fitting the blinds if he knew anyone who could
do some jobs for them. He said he didn't, but he kept seeing this Medway
Handyman van all over the place.

Two days later they saw my van parked in Tesco Express. They didn't want
anything in Tesco, but turned around, parked up & searched the shop for me.

My web site gets me work. I've been on courses from the local enterprise
agency & had some great help from people on this group. My Google rank is
now pretty good. I grab free listings on any site I can - Landlordzone, Gay
to Zed, Vivastreet, The Best Of, HandyLocals etc.

Vivastreet identified you if I enter "Rochester" and handyman but not
Gillingham or Chatham.

I get work from the councils Fair Trader Scheme.

All the independent places I buy stuff from have a pile of my cards. Every
customer gets a fridge magnet & 3 normal cards.

The logo is important. Its on my web site, my adverts, my van, my clothing,
my letterheads, my flyers.

I'm not in Yellow Pages or Thompson Local because of the outrageous charges.
I think they are yesterdays papers anyway.

Waste of time.