Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default pictures off raccoon

On Mar 25, 12:59*pm, Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:
Mike wrote:
On Mar 25, 7:58 am, Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:
Thread reminds me of pictures of raccoon I caught and released a while back:http://home.comcast.net/~frank.logullo/thief.pdf

Actually, I've recently eaten raccoon, and it's very good. *Better
than squirrel, by far.

Killing something for the sake of killing it, IMO, is a bad thing to
do. *If it's not trying to kill you, and you're not going to eat it,
you shouldn't kill it.

That's a personal choice, though, and if you have the stomach to kill
a living creature and throw it away like trash, go for it.

I hunt (a lot), and am going to start raising chickens, and would
raise rabbits if my wife would let me, so I don't have a problem with
killing an animal for meat. *My problem is killing an animal for
nothing. *I have actually hesitated getting chickens because 'coons
will kill them. *Having eaten 'coon now, having the chickens as "bait"
will be a benefit, IMO. *I live in the city, too, but have no problem
sniping them with a pellet gun.

When I have a problem with an animal that I can't eat (like a skunk),
I'll use non-lethal, non-relocation methods to keep it from going
where I don't want it.

If it were up to me, you would have to carry a card in your wallet
when you go to the store to buy meat, that shows you've taken a tour
of a slaughterhouse and realize the impact you have when you buy
meat. *Too many people are ignorant about what they eat these days.

I hunt too and feel the same way. *Friend of mine had a small farm and
raised a beef cow which the family named Bosco. *One day we were in a
goose pit and friend offered me a roast beef sandwich which I declined.
* He said Bosco would be disappointed.

I would not eat raccoon and am careful with them since rabies is endemic
here.

Yeah, I didn't process them, but would watch it carefully before I
shot it...

We are nice to animals as pets, we should be even nicer to the ones
we're going to eat, IMO.