Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damaged home from flood

If it's any consolation, I assume the ground's still frozen where you live.
That has to improve over the next week or two. Here (Rochester NY), we had
similar problems, but on a much smaller scale. Certain lawns in my
neighborhood are now ice skating rinks. The worst ones are those where the
owners are stupid and cut their grass too short. Lousy root systems, lousy
drainage.

"chbelfiore via HomeKB.com" u42365@uwe wrote in message
Yes - it is a hometown insurance agency that my dad actually worked for
when
I was a kid. That is how long this guy has been around. I think he might
have
even gone to school with my parents....

I am going to call them to see if they broker the federal program. My
guess
is that they don't.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Did you buy this policy from a local agent who was familiar with the
history
of the area?

I spoke with my insurance company and my flood insurance only covers back
up

[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]

Where do you live?