Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default How do I prevent the fade out beep(s) when the power is cut?

Joy wrote in newsp.t8k1rkvqug52hc@user-
47b243c432.myhome.westell.com:

I am trying to make a beeper to plug into a sonic alert unit for a deaf
person.

I have a 12V DC transformer directly wired to a 3-20V DC beeping siren.
When the transformer is plugged in, the siren goes BEEP...BEEP...BEEP as
it should, but when the power is cut, the beeping fades out instead of
stopping immediately. BEEp...Beep...beee...

Is there a simple way to get the siren to silence as soon as the power is
cut?

Thanks so much!

Joy

--