Tony Williams

Default Chainsaw: electric or petrol?

In article ,
wrote:

Yes, that's my experience with log cutting, the blade stays sharp
for a *very* long time. When it gets blunt it's nearly always
because I've hit something nasty (a nail or whatever) or because
I've tried to cut stuff too near the ground or have got to cut
dirt/soil for some other reason.

Absolutely. Too near the ground, or cutting dirty roots
off a stump is the best way to blunt a blade. Lending
it to a neighbour is another good way to blunt a blade.

I use a 1500W electric with a 12" blade. I like it
because the short blade puts a check on my ambitions
and the lack of welly forces me to take light cuts
*and* limits the force of a kickback.

--
Tony Williams. Change "nospam" to "ledelec" to email.