Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Making own Sanding Belts??

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:38:35 -0700 (PDT), with neither quill nor
qualm, Bernard Arnest quickly quoth:

Hi!

Looking at a little mini sanding belt attachment for a grinder of
mine; It really might be quite useful. In fact, if it is as useful as
I think it'll be, I'll chew through belts like nothing at all. Being
a specialized tool, I don't think anyone but the manufacturer makes
belts for it, and I don't want to spend a fortune on more and more
teeny belts.
Now, Klingspor has those handy dirt-cheap bargain boxes....
How hard is it to, and then, how do I go about, adequately
splicing together my own mini sanding belts from sliced strips of
klingspor bargain box?

Klingspor and others will make any length belt for you. Just ask.
I'm not sure what the minimum order is. I would bet that it's just a
number they type into their belt making machine's computer, so it
shouldn't be much.

--
Change is the process by which the future invades our lives.
-- Alvin Toffler