wanderer

Default Legs for breakfast bar

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Liz" wrote in message
I'm building a breakfast bar - well it's basically a bit of worktop with
legs. But what do I use for legs/supports?

snip

We used the chrome tube that is sold in B&Q as wardrobe rail, and put the
circular brackets, that usually hold it to sides of wardrobe, at the top

and
bottom, one on the underside of the worktop and one on the floor. The
breakfast bar has been in now for almost two years and still looks great.

I'd second that. I used two pieces of chrome tube with circular brackets top
and bottom, when I rebuilt the kitchen at our last house. The worktop
projected about 3 ft beyond the adjoining cupboard, and I used a piece of
tube slightly set in from each of the two outer corners, if you see what I
mean. They were in place for about 10 or 11 years until we moved, and never
gave any problems at all. I used to hop up onto the worktop occassionaly to
get to the light fitting, as we had quite tall ceilings.