Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default possum

mike wrote:
On Mar 24, 12:17 pm, Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:
Lisa BB. wrote:
wrote in

(snip)

-

Yeah, I've never understood folks who want to relocate the pests they
catch. If they don't want them, what makes them think that ALL the
folks and native animals in another area are going to want them.
They're just too lazy to end the cycle of pestilence themselves.

The only place pests should be relocated is undewater for a few
minutes, and then into the earth, a garbage can, or in your pan if
it's really good eatin'.

What you call pestilence, most people call an ecosystem.

The only reason the native animals (which predate humans in most
locations) don't do what you propose to US, is that they don't have
thumbs or guns.

I'm not gonna kill some poor SOB of a coon or possum or whatever for
just trying to make a living, as long as they stay outside. Most of them
are even pretty amusing to watch. I spend many an hour watching the
wildlife out my window- birds, deer, rabbits, squirrels, turkey,
racoons, etc. I like them better than I like most people. I may not have
a veggie/flower garden for them to snack on, but I also don't use
chemicals on the yard, and they seem to feel safe there. A day after it
snows, my backyard looks like a grade school playground with all the
tracks leading to where the bird feeders are.

Aside from the occasional turd on the porch, or the neigbor cat trying
to use the bird feeder as a buffet (almost never successfully), no real
problems. Now if I could just get the birds to stop slamming into the
sliding doors...

--
aem sends...