Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jusme[_2_] jusme[_2_] is offline

Default WIRE SOAP, ANYONE?

Thanks to all. I will just get the proper item for what I am doing and as
someone pointed out, it would be stupid to take a chance with something that
may cause problems down the line.

j/b

"jusme" wrote in message
This time, I need to pull 150 feet or more of 3 conductors of 4/0 wire
through 4 inch, pvc conduit.

Does anyone have suggestions for a cheap solution - pardon pun?

This wire is some sort of vinyl or rubber compound outer insulation and I
do not wish to chance petroleum distillates or some such to lubricate it.
Yes, they do make a wire soap for pulling through a conduit but, I don't
have any, live in the country and would like to find an alternative.

Thanks

j/b