Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default possum

On Mar 24, 12:17*pm, Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:
Lisa BB. wrote:
wrote in
:

We have plenty of wild critters around the neighborhood. *We bought a trap
and caught groundhogs,rabbits,possums. *The rabbits we let them go because
they don't do any harm around our yard. *The others we take them to the
huge park nearby and release them. *

I'm not sure if we're supposed to be doing this. *We just make sure no park
employees or some goodie goodie is nearby. *The park is a wild habitat and
not your run of the mill city park. *There are large ravines and places
where people won't be hiking.

Once caught, we line the trunk of the car with newspapers. *Put on thick
leather gloves so not to touch anything. *The ground hogs usually growl and
hiss. *The possums usually sleep. LOL. *The park is only a couple of miles
away and we let the animals out and they make a new home.

My last experience with my Hava-a-hart was to catch a momma skunk. *She
was in the trap and her 4 kids were outside it and would not leave and
were jumping all over the trap. *In spite of this I managed to get it
open and release her and never got sprayed. *They say you can cover them
up and transport them but there is no way a skunk is getting in my SUV.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, I've never understood folks who want to relocate the pests they
catch. If they don't want them, what makes them think that ALL the
folks and native animals in another area are going to want them.
They're just too lazy to end the cycle of pestilence themselves.

The only place pests should be relocated is undewater for a few
minutes, and then into the earth, a garbage can, or in your pan if
it's really good eatin'.