Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Rat, Mouse or Squirrel?

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:41:41 GMT, frank1492
wrote:

Something has chewed through the wooden slat at the
bottom of a window shade in my garage. I'd bet a squirrel
but I was wondering what you thought.
Then, is a Havaheart the best trap for the varmint? I
don't want poison or anything that mangles or maims.
Help much appreciated!
Frank

I have caught numerous squirrels with Hav-A-Hart. Sometimes I catch
one an hour after setting the trap. Cookie, peanut, graham cracker
all work fine. I once caught a square-shaped possum in the trap--the
possum was larger than the trap! There's a squirrel soup recipe ("The
White House Cookbook") if you want it.