Posted to rec.woodworking
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default Spam Blockers - The Best Way To Kill Spam?(spam blockers)

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:47:48 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

nailshooter wrote

LRod wrote:

Oh, the irony.

Thinking the same thing here...

I suppose the ultimate test for this software would be to see if it would
filter this kind of crap out.

For what it is worth, I have had great results with Spam Sleuth Pro from
Blue Squirrel. It is a bitch to set up. But it has multiple criteria that
can be used to filter out what you don't want.

It only works with e-mail. So you have to imput a bit at first (train it).
But after a week or so, it behaves well. Everything goes into a buffer for
my approval before anything is erased. That way I can recover good e-mail
and put them on my white list. Very little spam actually gets through.

Howdy,

I would strongly recommend a product called SpamBayes.

It works incredibly well, is very easy to set up, and it is
free.

Check: http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/windows.html

All the best,
--