Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default There goes the neighbourhood.....

Pete Verdon wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Anne Jackson wrote:

We still live in a very sexist world.

Indeed.Try cutting your hair short, deepening your voice, wearing
some trousers and getting served in a drapers shop.

I walked out after half an hour..

The last time I was in such an establishment (looking for thick enough
thread to repair my sailing clobber, and a needle big enough to take
said thread) the assistant was extremely attentive. Admittedly, that
was mostly because she thought I needed all the help I could get.

FWIW, my very first school report said that "Peter is particularly
nimble with a needle" :-)

These days that would be cause for great concern.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk