Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default damaged home from flood

"chbelfiore" wrote

I spoke with my insurance company and my flood insurance only covers back
up
or overflow of sewer and/or sump. Damage from water sitting outside and
causing pressure on the walls is NOT covered on any part of my Homeowners
Insurance. There is not even a policy on it that I can purchase.

I just called mine back after reading this. I have better coverage as i
stipulated anything a hurricane or flooding can do. I probably pay more too
(about 400$ a year, more like 2,000$ deductable). My 'cap' is 145,000$

Good thing I asked for the extra. Could be in your area, it's just not
available? I am not in a 'flood zone'. They checked first.