Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Things to come?

"Ron Hock" wrote in message
. ..
I had to cut a large archway to connect the new annex of my wife's
bookstore (she was able to rent the next-door space to almost double the
store's floor space). The side on the new space was no sweat to excavate
because it was unoccupied so I did all that work, paint, etc and tidied up
before cutting through the from the bookstore side.

My friend, loyal bookstore customer and boat-builder, Al, brought his
Festool cart full of tools and we managed to cut through (the wall was
plywood) *from the bookstore side* without covering any bookshelves at
all. No tarps. No dust. A bit of shop-vacuuming and we were cleaned up. I
was amazed at how well it went. And all the Festool guides and gizmos
really did their jobs.

Just my limited experience with how much time and effort Festool saved us
on this one demanding job.

About 1 year ago I had a job to add trim in a customers kitchen. The
Festool vac and mitersaw would have been great in that application. I
probably custom fitted 50 pieces of trim in that kitchen and with each piece
it meant a trip out to the driveway. If I did that every day the $1600
would be justified.