Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default make own wedding ring

On Mar 23, 6:40 pm, tom koehler
wrote:
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 11:15:37 -0500, Vaughn Simon wrote
(in message ):

"Don" wrote in message
I took
a piece of 316 stainless steel and drilled it out to about .8456 dia.
I am not sure about the .0006 dia because of the tempeture , and I am
not sure what the shrink for 316 is. Well I made it about .2" wide. I
then machined two ridges along the edges of the ring about .03 " wide.
The space in the center I knurled a x patern.

Back in my submarine days it was common to turn down rings from large
nuts,
usually stainless or monel.

Vaughn

lurker chiming in... yeah, the monel was popular, but a lot of guys would get
a half dollar coin and a tablespoon, and start peening the edge of the coin
with the spoon, around and around the circumference until they got the ring
diameter they wanted, then drill out the center and dress with a rattail
file.
tom k. ex ETN2(ss)

--
I will find a way or make one.

I thought it was mainly quarters but looks like I'm wrong.
http://hackedgadgets.com/2006/07/29/coin-ring/
Karl