Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Stringy looking bacteria from hot tap... why?

In message , "Mungo \"Two
Sheds\" Toadfoot" writes
None wrote:

it comes from a hot water cylinder... and having run the upstairs hot
taps, it seems to also come from there too, particularly the bath. Any
ideas?

Get up in the loft and have a peer into the tank that supplies the cylinder,
to see if it's full of gunge.

Or worse. I could recount my story about the decomposed drowned rat in
the header tank but not this close to tea time eh?

PS.
It may be a good idea not to come in contact with the water
until you know what is causing it. Stick with the cold tap in the
kitchen, this should be high pressure mains and not via any of your own
storage.

Ugh!!!
--
Bill