Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grinding disc with depressed center?

On Mar 24, 3:42�am, wrote:
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 23:24:17 -0400, "MiamiCuse"

wrote:
I bought a 4-1/2" angle grinder from Harbor Freight, I don't have much
grinding to do so I just wanted to get a cheap one and use it for this
project which requires grinding off a few door hinges that has been set into
metal door jambs that extended into the slab. �The grinder came with metal
disc but I also need to make some cuts in concrete so I went and got a
4-1/2" diamond blade from the big box store only to find that those discs do
not fit...apparently the metal grinding disc that came with it has a
depressed center so that the locking nut can be secured from the outside.
If I put in a flat disc there is not enough room for the lock to catch -
well even if there was I am not sure it's a good idea as the lock may break
the thin disc.

I have never used this type of grinder before does it mean I need a special
depressed center diamond cutting blade or do I need a special fitting to use
standard blades?

Thanks,

MC

If you bought it at Harbor Freight (Harbor Fright), I'd toss it in the
garbage before it kills you or causes a serious injury. �Even if it
does work and you are lucky enough not to get hurt, it will burn up
after a few hours of use. �Harbor Freight only sells one thing....
GARBAGE.- Hide quoted text -

ahh HF tools are fine for occasional use, when you dont need it enough
to buy a dewalt or other expensive unit