Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Grinding disc with depressed center?

grinder.

--
Roger Shoaf

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I bought a 4-1/2" angle grinder from Harbor Freight, I don't have much
grinding to do so I just wanted to get a cheap one and use it for this
project which requires grinding off a few door hinges that has been set

into
metal door jambs that extended into the slab. The grinder came with metal
disc but I also need to make some cuts in concrete so I went and got a
4-1/2" diamond blade from the big box store only to find that those discs

do
not fit...apparently the metal grinding disc that came with it has a
depressed center so that the locking nut can be secured from the outside.
If I put in a flat disc there is not enough room for the lock to catch -
well even if there was I am not sure it's a good idea as the lock may

break
the thin disc.

I have never used this type of grinder before does it mean I need a

special
depressed center diamond cutting blade or do I need a special fitting to

use
standard blades?

Thanks,

MC