Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT - The Affluent, Too, Couldn't Resist Adjustable Rates

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:26:22 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

And it's not bad. But the Economist stuff this week is better. If you want
I'll see if I can e-mail you the article(s). It's 10 pages of print.

I regret having turned down the free prescription for The Economist a
decade ago. If the article is online, point me to it. Otherwise,
email is great. You have my real addy. (Say 'HI' to SWMBO for me.)

OK, I just e-mailed it from _The Economist_ (and copied myself, to see what
you're getting). They give you an ASCII file of the text and a link to the
article with graphics. With The Economist, you always want the graphics.

The trouble is, the 10-page "briefing" consists of 10 separate articles. The
one I sent you is two pages long. I can send you the other nine, I think.
Let me know if you like the first one and I'll give it a try.

Will do. In the interim, what do you think about Warren Buffett's
Chairman's Letter to Berkshire? Interesting, oui? I really like the
Stumpf quote as well: “It is interesting that the industry has
invented new ways to lose money when the old ways seemed to work just
fine.” from http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/2007ar/2007ar.pdf

OK, I'm reading the letter now. Do you feel that Greenspan was wrong
all this time? Now that I see (portions of?) what happened, I'm
surprised that we never heard cautions from him. Or was that just the
pick-'n-choose media's output? Does not compute.

Yes, that one being so juicy, please email the other 9 post haste.
Danke.

--
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.
-- Albert Einstein