Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Stringy looking bacteria from hot tap... why?

None wrote:
Hello,

Am having issues with one of my hot taps for a while now, the water is
a little discoloured from it, and when I fill up a glass with water
from it, it contains a load of stringy looking algae/bacteria. The
water is a bit slimy too. The rest of the hot water is free of this,
although it is generally a tiny bit off coloured. I have tried running
the tap for a while, doesnt change things. Any suggestions?

where does you hot water come from? (i.e. combi boiler, hot water
cylinder etc).

--
Cheers,

John.