Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommend Laminate in the Bathroom?

wrote in message
?You guys have made me decide to run an experiment. ?I
will take a couple of laminate panels next week and snap them together and
keep a nice puddle over the seam for a few days and report back as to
whether the water gets thru. I will also work the seam to simulate
movement
of the floor normally caused by walking on it. ?I'll report back.

in your home bathroom it will be exposed to water for its entire life.

why rush a 3 day test? run your test for a month at least.....

and please report back

How much water are you people talking about, anyway? If your bathroom floor
is exposed to enough water to cause problems ON A REGULAR BASIS, the floor's
not the primary problem. It's the people using the bathroom.