Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default possum

Frank wrote:

I have a possum in my garage that apparently does not like my free
lunch. I tried peanuts, peanut butter tomatoes Kitty treats to no
end. Seems he/she would rather chew on my garage door bottom. Any
Ideas on how to catch or destroy this critter?
Frank

We had possums in our garage years back due to an opening they found at the
back. I scattered moth balls all over inside especially in the "attic" and
they departed, there's not much that likes the smell of mothballs. Yes, I
then fixed the opening. Had another one in the back yard recently at night
and after I shot it up a few times with a little spring gun that shoots
plastic BBs it hasn't reappeared. Works well on neighborhood cats too.

BTW, some animal control departments don't handle wild animals unless they
pose a hazard.