Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_3_] mac davis[_3_] is offline

Default Things to come?

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:37:34 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

"mark" wrote in message
.. .

Although I can afford a few of those nice Festool toys, I really can't
justify the price for a casual ww'er. But I'm going to watch again for
that episode, and start taking bets on the under/over price of a Festool
SCMS.... Mark

Yeah, I can afford the Festool line also but the SCMS probably would not
find itself in my shop as I have a 12" Delta CMS that I quit using in the
shop about 7 years ago. Once I upgraded to a cabinet saw I literally quit
using the CMS. If I have an outside job I pull the CMS out but that does
not happen very often. It has been about a year since I have used it. IIRC
I read an article by one of the WW magazines and a group visited the Festool
factory and the saw was going to be under but closer to $1k than most any
other brand.

WOW.. I'm glad I'm an amateur!
My TS and band saw combined were about $1,000 and I thought that $200 on sale
for the Craftsman CSM was a bit high....

Then again, I just paid $2,500 for a lathe that I didn't really need... ;~]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing