Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck Hoffman Chuck Hoffman is offline

Default Organizing shop (what to do with all those little screws.....?)

I use empty 3 lb. coffee cans with labels - machine screws, wood screws,
etc. I also have some drawer-type bins for smaller stuff like washers,
nuts, etc., but the cans are easiest to use...and they hold a LOT. Don't
try to pick up a nearly full one with one hand if you value your toes. I
just dump the contents out on the bench, find what I need and shovel the
stuff back in.

"mark" wrote in message
Greetings All,
I'm trying to get a handle on straightening up my shop/basement and need
an idea or three on how to keep hardware organized, but not hidden. I'm
sure you all are like me, with all sorts of nuts, bolts, screws, widget
holders, ad infinitium.... I have the cheap organizers that can be bought
just about anywhere, blue sheet metal chassis with thin plastic (sometimes
sliding) drawers. This just don't cut it any more. I need something with
different sized drawers, fairly abuse resistant, and something that can be
labeled on the front so I know what's what. I think McFeeleys may have
something, so I'll look there also. I know some people still like the old
baby food jars with the lid screwed to a shelf bottom, I'd rather not.....
Anyone have a good system they'd like to brag about??? Thanks as always,
Mark