Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_3_] mac davis[_3_] is offline

Default Organizing shop (what to do with all those little screws.....?)

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 14:45:05 -0500, "mark" wrote:

Greetings All,
I'm trying to get a handle on straightening up my shop/basement and need an
idea or three on how to keep hardware organized, but not hidden. I'm sure
you all are like me, with all sorts of nuts, bolts, screws, widget holders,
ad infinitium.... I have the cheap organizers that can be bought just about
anywhere, blue sheet metal chassis with thin plastic (sometimes sliding)
drawers. This just don't cut it any more. I need something with different
sized drawers, fairly abuse resistant, and something that can be labeled on
the front so I know what's what. I think McFeeleys may have something, so
I'll look there also. I know some people still like the old baby food jars
with the lid screwed to a shelf bottom, I'd rather not..... Anyone have a
good system they'd like to brag about??? Thanks as always, Mark

I use this type:

Mine were a bit less money and came with hanging strips, but same principle...
I like this method because I can grab a bin or 2 and take them to what ever part
of the shop I'm working in...

I have 30 or 40 or these in various parts of the shop and a bright yellow
sorting bin hanging in easy reach... Dump a bin of washers or whatever in, grab
what you want and put them back in the bin..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing