Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default Battery on the ground

Don Foreman wrote:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 08:26:00 -0600, Lew Hartswick

When I studied chemistry they told me taht H2SO4 and water were
soluble in each other in all proportions, also that a solution
cosisted of two substances that would not separate merely due to
differences in density.
Has any of this changed?

Engineman

Did "Chemistry" class ever explain how the ocean has different
layers of density that cause the sonor problems that are well
documented by submarines? I would think using your logic that
it would be one uniform solution. ????
...lew...

Some of those are thermoclines, regions where temperature (hence
density) changes rapidly in a short range of depth. These also occur
in some freshwater lakes during the summer, are visible with sonar.

And the same thing "cant" happen in an undisturbed battery.
...lew...