Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default There goes the neighbourhood.....

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:
On 2008-03-23 01:11:40 +0000, Anne Jackson said:
The message from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

I reckon I can drive anything really..I just veto the frankly
dangerous/uncomfortable cars..
otherwise its what fits the dogs..for osme reason heated front seats
are a big hit here..
The heated seats were actually the 'icing on the cake' for me, when
I bought the Saab. Leather upholstery can be bloody cold in winter!

The saleswoman's attention was certainly directed towards my husband,
although we did say that *I* was buying the car, then she handed him
the keys when we went for a test drive, which ****ed me off slightly!

I had a similar situation and walked away explaining why. What did you do?

I pointed out to her that the various advantages she was highlighting, re
the Saab were of little consequence to my husband, since the car was to be
_mine_ and *I* was paying (cash) for it! I let _him_ carry on with the
test drive, since I'm not all that fond of driving in a strange town,
and they don't come 'stranger' than Dundee! ;-)

One might have expected a sales *woman* to have been sensitive to that.

My feelings exactly!

It never ceases to amaze me, that when we contracted to have the double
glazing installed, the soffits done, and the summerhouse built, and a new
garden shed erected, ALL the receipts arrived, addressed to my husband,
although *I* commissioned the work, and *I* paid for it!

We still live in a very sexist world.

Indeed.Try cutting your hair short, deepening your voice, wearing some
trousers and getting served in a drapers shop.

I walked out after half an hour..

What's so difficult about
understanding that *I* (not WE!) own the house...and I buy my own cars!

Whats so difficult about understanding that the sewing machine, fabric
and so on are not exclusively female preserves.