Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default I plunged, I auged, I pulled the toilet! Hooray (chapter 3 of3)

Ken wrote:
Mike wrote:
The good folks of alt.home.repair have been seeing me through my
toilet crisis for a few days now, and I'm pleased to report that it's

(snip)

can watch it flush. It flushed like a new toilet. I was
thrilled!

In closing, I'd like to thank all the folks here who gave me info,
advice, and in the case of Salty, a kick in the butt!

Mike

For what it is worth, a Dremmel tool is very good at cutting off the
excess length of the bolts. If you have one, it is much easier than a
hacksaw.

Amen to that- ran into exact same problem, and discovered how hard it is
to get on those brass bolts with a hacksaw in a confined space, trying
not to nick the china. Cut them too long, and caps would not fit on.
Filed for hours with a draw file, until the caps barely seated. Been
meaning to go back in there with a small cupped grinder on a drill, but
always seem to find something more interesting to do.

I'll try to remember the dremel, if and when I ever need to pull a potty
again. I probably oughta buy a generic dremel next time the big-box has
them on sale, just for the blue-moon projects like this. Don't need it
often, but when you do, nothing else works as well.

aem sends...