Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don[_7_] Don[_7_] is offline

Default make own wedding ring

My wife and I got divorced about 15 year ago for industrial reasons.
well we had to get remaired for other reason. I couldn't bring myself
to pay 100 for a wedding ring so I decided to make one my self. I took
a piece of 316 stainless steel and drilled it out to about .8456 dia.
I am not sure about the .0006 dia because of the tempeture , and I am
not sure what the shrink for 316 is. Well I made it about .2" wide. I
then machined two ridges along the edges of the ring about .03 " wide.
The space in the center I knurled a x patern. The ring came out great.
Am I a cheap basterd for making my ring? Remember I used 316 stainless
steel, the best grade of stainless steel I could get.
Don