Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default excavator through the bridge over the free way, what happened?

Stealth Pilot wrote:
on the 14 feb 2006 someone posted shots of a tracked excavator sitting
atop a low loader zipping along at freeway speeds that had the arm
come up and spear through an overhead concrete road bridge.

(it really was that long ago)

That was the one at Hays, Kansas, I remember that detail because
my wife has family there. Somebody's insurance is going to pay
a big bill on that one. I was quite confident from the pics
that there was no way to repair that bridge, too much damage to
the concrete and rebar. Seems that was quite right.

Jon