Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default OT - The Affluent, Too, Couldn't Resist Adjustable Rates

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Nobody anticipated that. Not the experts, not the banks, and not the
government. It's a crisis because there's no way out -- except that some of
these crap mortgages were written in such a way that a home owner can just
walk out of an upside-down situation and turn the keys over to the bank,
with no further repurcussions. That amazes me, but that's what the papers
say. The brokers are calling it "key mail." You open the bank's mail, and
there are house keys in the envelopes. d8-)

You gotta be kidding me. Any banker that wrote a contract where the
borrower can 'walk away' should be institutionalized for they are not
competent to care for themselves.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller