Posted to misc.rural,rec.woodworking
Larry Caldwell Larry Caldwell is offline

Default Chainsaws

In article ,
(Jack Hunt) says...
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:34:03 -0700 (PDT), Fastfwd wrote:

I went with a Husky 345.... Seemed like all the saw he will ever need
and still not too big. The local Lowes chain carried them for $289
which seemed like a decent deal for a good saw. I didn't really want
to spend much more than that.

I have one of those. Don't worry about the flimsy choke button, it's tougher
than it looks. Mine is still going strong after 5 years.

After the choke button breaks off, it's not so flimsy. It breaks off
flush with the case, leaving a little stub. Mine is still going strong
after 15 years. I just pry the choke out with a fingernail

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.