Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected][_2_] engineman1@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default Battery on the ground

When I studied chemistry they told me taht H2SO4 and water were
soluble in each other in all proportions, also that a solution
cosisted of two substances that would not separate merely due to
differences in density.
Has any of this changed?

Engineman

I'm in the same age bracket as Steve and believe in the acid separating from

the water in strata due to chilling it. Ionic flow must take place
for battery
operation to take place. Without the acid mixed in evenly, only small
areas of
the plates can conduct electrons.

If only 5% is available, the effective

resistance is excessive and makes it look dead. Mar 21, 6:57 pm,
"jusme" wrote:
Absolutely, unequivocally NOT.

Even if the ground is frozen YET the battery is fully charged, it still will
not discharge.

I can't believe that this wife's tale still persists and that some will go
to their grave arguing that it is true.

j/b

"SteveB" wrote in message

I have heard that if you sit a battery on the ground or concrete that it
will lose its charge faster. Is this true?

Steve