Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Well thats even cheaper than..

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:45:02 GMT, "George"
wrote:

He does work for a firm so weekends are a side line for him.
Started 9 this morning and finished 2 o'clock this afternoon,I must say I
thought £60 WAS cheap for what he did and was a bit dubious about his
workmanship but I had to take me hat off to him for a perfect clean job.

Was there any making good to do, such as tiling around and up to to
the wash basin and the WC ?

The sanitary chinaware can be fixed first and the tiles run up to it,
or the whole area tiled and the china fixed on top. Fashions change
but in my 31 year old house between the bathroom and downstairs toilet
we've had each method done twice.

The point is that completing such little attentions to detail can take
much more time than the functional part of the job.

Given half a chance tradesmen will leave you, the customer, to do the
lions share of the most difficult work yourself, such as refixing
vertical blinds and making good the plaster around the units when DG
units have been replaced.

A Granite fitter we employed would fit the new underslung sink (he had
to) but not pipe up to the new sink.

Result : Overflow on main sink "inutile", empties down back of sink
into cupboard below, and there's no room to get purpose made overflow
connector in.

Seems he's in demand according to my neighbour.

DG