Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus21938 Ignoramus21938 is offline

Default OT - The Affluent, Too, Couldn't Resist Adjustable Rates

On 2008-03-22, Wes wrote:
These 'more affluent' consumers presumably had access to a higher level of
education than most of those on lower rungs that had their dreams wiped out
by the realities of finance.

How are you and your ilk going to spin this as how the banks took advantage
of them? Greed. It is prevalent at all levels of income and leads to the
undoing of many. The banks are blameless.

I think that traits like propensity to spend vs. save, are basic
personality traits and are not really changeable by education.

I actually agree with the remarks that you made. People who borrowed
too much, knew everything and took the risks willingly.