Drew Morton

Default Compound Mitre or TS

My only beef is with a saw that is built to poor specs.

How are you privy to the specs it is manufactured to? What are the
tolerances for the main pivot bearing?

Bruce,
You got me. I dont know what the specs for the main pivot bearing is. Its
really irrelevant, though. Either the specs are lousy and its built
completely to spec, or the specs are tighter than an Amish girl on wedding
night, and its built lousy. Either way, its lousy.

For the 200 bucks that Sears charges, you are getting a fair framing
saw. As I stated before, I wouldnt use it for any kind of work that
demanded accuracy, and I include crown moulding in that. Ive seen shoddy
crown moulding jobs, and I wouldnt want that done in my house. YMMV.

My mileage does vary. I'm gradually putting crown all over my house with
mine. The problems I run into aren't with the saw, they're with the

house.
In any event, using a protractor on the walls and crown look up tables,
mine mates like a dream.

You obviously know how to hang crown moulding, in spite of the saw.
Actually, the sign of a craftsman, IMHO, is the end result, not the cool
shiny power tools he has.

I am not a craftsman basher. Google all my posts that Ive ever written, and
youll not see me once refer to them as crapsman. I think thats actually a
little childish and silly. However, I firmly believe that they are not the
same tools that they were 30 or more years ago. Hand tools, theyre a better
than average tool. Power tools, not so much. I only own one craftsman
power tool, the 10 inch laser MS. It was a gift. I wouldnt have bought it.
However, I cant argue with the price. I am glad that you are happy with
your saw. I am sure that it will give you many years of good service. I
know my saw has fallen far short of that.

Good luck with your home improvements.

Drew