Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default CH and HW are on : which takes priority

Ed Sirett wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:19:44 +0000, Roger Mills wrote:

In an earlier contribution to this discussion, jgharston
wrote:

I know they're functional schematics, but, probably because I'm an
electrician, I tend to expect functional schematics to have some
relationship to the equtipment they represent. A central heating
pluming circuit is essentially a parallel lighting circuit - live
feed out, tee off to emitters in parallel, return back to source.

Indeed - and it matters not one iota whether the returns join before
going back to source, or whether they go separately - this does not
affect the *function* of either an electrical or a water circuit.

Have to disagree, but I might have mis-understood you.

Yes, you have!

It is important
that the return from the HW coil comes before or after /all/ the
radiators returns join together.

Yes, I quite agree, but this discussion wasn't about that - but was about
one of the schematics on the Honeywell page which shows separate HW and CH
returns. Someone was maintaining that it was nothing like his system because
his returns were combined before going back to the boiler - and I was
pointing out that it made no functional difference (obviously subject to
your point about combining the rad returns before teeing in the HW return,
but that wasn't an issue in this particular case).
--
Cheers,
Roger