Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well thats even cheaper than..

George wrote:
TMH :-)

Woman next door has just had a new toilet and wash basin fitted by a
local handyman.

Ripped the old toilet and washbasin out,fitted the new ones and a new
collar for the toilet to waste pipe.

All for £60,she supplied the Toilet and Washbasin plus taps.

Just inspected the work for her and its 100% good job.

Shame he doesn't have the sense to charge a decent price. Not far off a
days work, allowing for snags - you would need to book a day just in case.

So, assuming he works 6 days a week, his total turnover is £18K a year -
less expenses. Lucky if he ends up with minimum wage.

Trust he is fully insured, pays Income Tax & NI, taxes & insures his vehicle
properly etc.

Thank heavens I sell my services for what they are worth. I charge 2.5
times what he does & am fully booked until the middle of April, with jobs
coming in every day.

The man is clearly an idiot.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman