Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Building my own shed

George says...

Do it by hand and get some ruddy exercise.

Good grief. One cheap cross cut saw is all you need.

Hahahaha Hahahaha, I like people like you...given the opertunity of the loan
of a sliding mitre saw and they'll jump at the chance to do the job with it.

Funny you should say that. I've got a decent sliding mitre
saw, but sometimes it is just too much damn trouble to use
it, so I use the cross cut saw instead. Lately I've been
cutting some 5 metre lengths of 3 x 2" and it is quicker to
cut it by hand than keep manouvering the saw and wood into
position each time. Swinging 5 metre lengths of timbers
around in a room only slightly bigger is a tad awkward to
say the least.

Soon I've got a lot of 5 metre lengths of 6 x 2" to cut to
size but it will be a toss up whether to use the hand saw
or power saw. I don't know which will be the lesser of the
two evils - the manual sawing or trying to balance and use
the sliding mitre saw in an awkward place (balanced between
ceiling joists).
--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.