Bruce

Default Compound Mitre or TS

In rec.woodworking
"Drew Morton" wrote:

Uh, yea. Give a guy a little credit, will ya? I think we all understand
how the laser works.

JFTR, I've yet to see him respond.

My only beef is with a saw that is built to poor specs.

How are you privy to the specs it is manufactured to? What are the
tolerances for the main pivot bearing?

For the 200 bucks that Sears charges, you are getting a fair framing
saw. As I stated before, I wouldnt use it for any kind of work that
demanded accuracy, and I include crown moulding in that. Ive seen shoddy
crown moulding jobs, and I wouldnt want that done in my house. YMMV.

My mileage does vary. I'm gradually putting crown all over my house with
mine. The problems I run into aren't with the saw, they're with the house.
In any event, using a protractor on the walls and crown look up tables,
mine mates like a dream.