Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lino expert Lino expert is offline

Default There goes the neighbourhood.....

On 22 Mar, 11:47, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 22 Mar, 11:21, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 22 Mar, 10:52, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
B&Q is attempting to 'feminise' its stores. It wants to turn all
the stores, originally designed to have a masculine feel, into a
more attractive
offering for female
consumers.http://www.personneltoday.com/articl...1/44853/b.html

Won't be able to find a bag of cement for all the scatter cushions
& design
accessories.

Pffft, sexism and patronising.

Who me or B&Q :-)

Who says no men have an eye for interior design, who says that us
women worry our pretty little heads about going in to any old outlet
we want if we need something from it.

Hehehe, B&Q of course.
Maybe they should just be honest and say there's more profit in the
fripperies than their other lines.
I see in the article they then go on to say how many women work for
them, to me that has no correlation whatsoever to what they sell.
I think they've played the wrong card.

I would agree with the statement "Research showed that women controlled up
to 85% of consumer goods spending and made more than 80% of the purchasing
decisions in homes". *They certainly account for 89% of the decisions to
hire me.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930

Actual decisions, or just the phone call?
Of course there's the factor of some men still finding it difficult to
seek assistance and women then getting hacked off with their (if
you'll excuse a technical term) "fannying about".
I wouldn't dispute that perhaps women bother more about finishing
touches to a place - but to nip in to B&Q for some curtain poles/door
handles etc. isn't exactly made daunting by the fact
that....gasp...there may be men in there.