Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Building my own shed

Mark Spice wrote:

My last 'shed' building project was a play house to keep the kids
out of the way. I think I may have over-engineered it slightly...

http://www.freewebs.com/fortmiddlewood/

I only have a fixed chop saw but that was invaluable in increasing
the speed of construction. Besdies that the most useful tools were
the Makita drill/driver and impact driver - took a lot of the effort
out :-)

Brilliant Mark - what a Dad!

I'm building something similar for my granddaughter, but I'm not
sure I have the sizes & proportions right.

Could you post the dimensions please? W x D, H of platform & H
overall?

The base is about 8ft square. The platform is at 4 foot of the
ground and the whole thing is 9 ft high at the front sloping down to
8 ft at the back. Luckily our neighbours are very understanding and
don't seem too bothered at living next door to a watchtower - but I
didn't put any windows at the back just to preserve the neighbours
privacy.

Here is the framework for my effort, inclement weather & excessive
handymanning have delayed things.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../playhouse.jpg

Its around 1200mm x 1200mm at the base.

I reckon the top 'half' is too tall, so I'm planning to trim it down a bit.
Can't now reduce the bottom 'half' easily since I glued & screwed it :-(

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk