Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Building my own shed

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Medway Handyman brought next idea :
You do not need to buy a window, just the glass. Just make a frame
out of 2x2 then add some 1/2 x 1/2 fixed along the inside of the
2x2 frame to sit the glass against. More 1/2x 1/2 to retain the
glass on the outside.

You've done this before Harry :-)+

Well, just a couple of times ;o)

The most difficult bit is working out how much wood to buy and finding
a reasonably priced supplier.

I used to have that problem with doing estimates for decking. Spent a
little time mucking about with Excel & now I have a spreadsheet that does it
for me. I just enter the overall dimensions, direction of boards & joist
spacing & it works out the joist run, board run & number of screws required.
Since done another one for laminate flooring quotes. Works out number of
packs, length of edge strip etc.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk