Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Jim Hall[_3_] Jim Hall[_3_] is offline

Default Should be able to see this one Dave..

Very nice wheels indeed.. Thanks for posting Robatoy..

"Dave in Houston" wrote in message

"asmurff" wrote in message
Is it true that RR keeps a warehouse with the extra wood from each car
just incase they are ever involved in an accident, that way the wood
would match?

Not being able to see your image . . . I have to guess this refers to
passenger cars, not freight cars.

Having spent a fair number of years with the Southern Pacific, a couple of
those with the Purchasing Department at the railcar plant, I can tell you
that the only thing we kept there were bundles of 12 foot 3/4 CDX plywood
and apitong decking. And down at the other end of the yard was the
creosote plant (for rail ties), no shortage of wood down there.

Dave in Houston

Attached Thumbnails
Re: Here is some wood I like. - attached files (3/3)-29_regent-jpg