Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default WIRE SOAP, ANYONE?

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 19:37:22 -0700 (PDT), sailor
wrote:

On Mar 21, 9:07*pm, "jusme" wrote:
This time, I need to pull 150 feet or more of *3 conductors of 4/0 wire
through 4 inch, pvc conduit.

Does anyone have suggestions for a cheap solution - pardon pun?

This wire is some sort of vinyl or rubber compound outer insulation and I do
not wish to chance petroleum distillates or some such to lubricate it. *Yes,
they do make a wire soap for pulling through a conduit but, I don't have
any, live in the country and would like to find an alternative.

Thanks

j/b

Liquid hand soap is fairly mild and probably safe. . In a pinch, I
have used water. Not great, but better than nothing.

K-Y
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada