Andy Dingley

Default bandaids! (topical for sure)

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:06:31 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
wrote:

So do some surgeons... it's called Dermabond.

Some don't. A few years ago I was working in a homeless shelter,
when one of the residents (a quiet harmless guy) was glassed in the
face. As is usual in Bristol, the hospital A&E people treated him like
scum, just about stopped the bleeding (think workshop staple gun) and
threw him out as fast as possible.

I spend two hours that night, almost certainly completely contrary to
our insurance, cleaning up the cuts properly and suturing (sic) each
one with superglue (presumably the butyl cyanoacrylate, because I've
never seen the dermabond version used outside medicine). And a few
months later, it healed with what I have to regard as very pleasing
results (for D-I-Y cosmetic surgery).